Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Block

I feel like we need to get some trade dialogue going.

I'll start by laying out the players I have on the trading block. If you wish to join the discussion on my players or put your own players on the block, please do so in the comments section.

I'm always willing to consider a trade for any player; the below are players that are being blocked by other players at their respective positions.

On the Block: Velocirocktors (Connor)
Torii Hunter (OF, Angels): .278 AVG, 21 HR, 19 SB, 85 R, 78 RBI... A model of consistency. I found he was very useful for filling in the injured OF spot that I had at what seemed like all times last season (what more could you expect from Milton Bradley, Rick Ankiel, and Elijah Dukes?).

Cody Ross (OF, Marlins): .260 AVG, 22 HR, 73 RBI, 59 R, 6 SB... I think I probably like Ross's potential more than most, so he's somewhat of a borderline call for being on the block

Billy Butler (1B/OF, Royals): .337/.417/.564 at AAA, struggled a bit in the bigs... is only 22.

Dexter Fowler (OF, Rockies) .313/.431/.515 at Double-A with 20 SB... Even though I'm trading the future for the present, Fowler might be too good for me to give up.

Paul Maholm (SP, Pirates): 3.71 ERA, 1.28 WHIP in 206 innings. Should be the Pirates' #1 starter, for whatever that's worth.


Needs:

I need a catcher, starting pitching, steals, auction cash, and I am (as always) interested in highly speculative deals. In particular, I might be willing to speculate on an enigmatic 2B (ahem, Rickie Weeks) since Utley may miss the beginning of the season.

However, I'll always entertain trade offers in areas where I don't claim to have a need.

2 comments:

Zach said...

Well mr tapp, the free agent wire would be happy to give you rickie weeks. Also, when are you gonna drop the 6 players you need to drop?

Official trade offer

Zimmerman, Buchholz and VMart
for
Miggy

Connor Tapp said...

Official trade rejection

And, January 15th