Friday, December 5, 2008

Lame

I know that my opinions are usually shot down in this league, but I plan to make a huge effort on keeping my mouth shut after this...

A lot of what has happened with this league was done so without the vocal opinions of those in the north and done in south carolina including this decision of expanding the roster by 3 and then dropping players at the end of the season. It is my opinion that this was extremely unfair because we did not get to vote on the matter. Although an open webchat was avaliable, I feel as if there was not a huge effort to make sure we were going to attend. I actually lost Soto as a catcher because that was my number 1 person I would have bid all my money on to get last year if I was not able to get brynes in the auction. Nevertheless, I cant really sit here and try to persaude everyone because there seems to be no means of persausion as well as a huge bias anyway, but I still think it is stupid that I am required to get rid of an extra person when I will be starting the season with a roster of now 23 because I will immediately move one of my players to the DL.

My players to be dropped are:
1) Brandon Moss, OF (Pit)
2) Ron Mahay, RP (KC)
3) Carl Pavano, SP (NYY)
4) Sergio Mitre, SP NA DL (Fla)
5) Mark Mulder, SP DL (StL)
6) Chad Durbin, RP (Phi)

2 comments:

TheFeatheredWarrior said...

Andy, I agree with you. I don't see why one can't keep guys on the DL in the offseason if one is allow to during the season. Furthermore, I now do not agree with the decision to force teams to drop players at the end of the season. I know I may have been one of the original proponents of the idea, but I realize now I was wrong. No one likes the idea, it pisses evreyone off, and it further complicates fantasy baseball to a degree which fantasy baseball should not near. Also, who will be the new owner?

Connor Tapp said...

I don't think the DL exists until the season starts. It's necessary to create the league before the season starts in order to have the stats count from the first day. And I don't think there can be 25 players on some teams and 24 on others.