Friday, December 19, 2008

Droppings

So, as best as I can tell, the drop three issue is, for the moment, uncertain.

However, there's one issue with regard to dropping that I think needs to be resolved ASAP.

Dropping during the draft. We did it last year. And only afterward did I realize how much I disliked it. Players that weren't previously available for purchase suddenly were, oftentimes after some managers had already spent a gread deal of their money.

So, my proposal is that every team needs to clear whatever roster space they need before the draft. Once you've reached the limit for your team size, you're done. Thoughts?

5 comments:

TheFeatheredWarrior said...

Sounds fair to me.

Steve said...

I agree. Especially because that would have meant that I wouldn't have dropped Josh Hamilton!

Andys827 said...

I vote against it. This issue should be decided for the next seasons draft. I think it is only fair cause we have never implemented anything on the spot...

Connor Tapp said...

I have to say, I don't really understand why someone would oppose this idea.

What if say, Zach, waits until everyone has spent all of their money except, say, Elliot (I don't know where I would have come up with that combination!).

Further suppose that Zach chooses this precise moment to cut Dustin Pedroia because, let's face it, Aki Iwamura is a piece of shit and Elliot could really use the upgrade.

I'm not suggesting that anyone would do something like this on purpose, but there were some situations last year where I was out of money and someone did a cannonball into the free agent pool.

Fixing this problem would only ensure that everyone has full and complete information about the value of their draft dollars and the players available to be purchased.

Steve said...

I don't think we ever actually allowed this so much as we never thought to disallow it....