Thursday, December 4, 2008

Roster Question and Trading Block and Drops

So one of the roster questions that I have is whether or not we can carry players on the DL into the next season. I currently have 3 players sitting on my DL that will not be back until mid-season. I know we have to get our roster down to 24 players and my roster is sitting at 30 players with 3 of those players sitting on the DL. Do I have to get my team down to 24 regardless who is sitting on the DL? Because when the season starts those players are just going to go to the DL opening up my roster to three more players add(which would probably be the players I would be required to drop if I have to drop 6 players). Therefore, those teams that have players on the DL that wont be back til mid season, I would vote to not be required to drop that player.

For those who may be interested in Ben Sheets in a possible trade I am open to possible trades. I am looking for a power hitter, preferibly an Outfield. I am also open to hearing any possible trades for Tim Hudson and Josh Willingham. Although Tim Hudson won't be back til Mid Season he still holds value for when he comes back. If someone sees any value in any of these players or wants to group them together for someone, let me know.

Three Players that I am dropping as of now is:
1) Brandon Moss (Pit)
2) Ron Mahay (KC)
3) Carl Pavano (NYY)

3 comments:

Connor Tapp said...

I don't want to speak for Steve, but I'm quite certain that it's 24 players, DL or no.

Steve said...

Connor is right. Andy, after speaking with others in the league about this after talking to you, there is a consensus that rosters should be reduced to 24 regardless of who will be on the DL beginning the season. Thus, you'll have to drop 3 more players.

TheFeatheredWarrior said...

Steve, what about the new owner?